Ministry of Information and broadcasting has decided to hold an Open House Meetings with Multi system operators (MSOs) on every Tuesday from 11:00 to 12:00 Noon. The first meeting is scheduled to take place in 6th May.
These meetings would be held by Director (BP&L) in Room No. 662 ‘A’ Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi with the main objective of bringing transparency and accountability in the MSO registration process.
Objectives of Open House Meetings
- To brings transparency and accountability in the MSO registration process.
- To provide a forum for applicant MSOs to track status of their applications in the Ministry
- To specify MSO application process to prospective applicants.
Who can participate in Open House Meetings.
- Thos applicant/MSOs who have already applied for MSO registration with the Ministry
- Those applicants/MSO who wish to apply for MSO
- Only authorised representative of MSOs will be allowed to participate in OHM
The meeting comes in the wake of the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) asking the MSOs to provide the details of the company and its directors in order to get the requisite security clearance.
The MHA had issued an additional format to the MIB in which the details have to be provided for grant of security clearance for MSOs.
“All those existing MSO applicants who are applying now to the ministry for grant of registration are required to furnish the details as per the format enclosed herewith in addition to Form 6 and Form 2. Incomplete applications will not be entertained for process of registration,” the MIB had stated.